In this post, I will be showing you step by step how you can delete Netflix cache using the Netflix.com/clearcookies URL on Netflix.com.
First, let’s get a rough understanding of Netflix in general, and the Netflix website in particular.
Movies and TV shows have been an integral part of our lives for a very long time. It is one of the ways in which people can escape from the stress and struggle of everyday life, and tune into an alternate reality. They have remained a mainstay of popular culture ever since televisions became a household commodity.
With the modern era becoming increasingly televised an part of our daily lives.
Netflix is the world’s largest subscription service for movies and TV shows. It started not too long ago, as a way for people to legally watch streaming movies and TV shows, often without any advertisements in between. It became a hit with users everywhere, and it wasn’t long before people everywhere started tuning into Netflix over TV stations.
With the rise of the smartphone age, people became increasingly adept at using the new medium to satisfy their entertainment needs, over that of television. This is where the Netflix.com website came into existence and became a media game-changer.
Today, the Netflix.com website has become one of the most popular websites for phones and computers around the world with millions of people all over the world visiting the site on daily basis to stream their favourite movies. It is in fact one of the most visited websites among all websites available online today.
Coming to Netflix.com itself, the Netflix website is an excellent way to get streaming TV shows and movies while on the go. As long as you have a good smartphone or PC and a sound internet connection, whether, through WiFi or Mobile Data, the Netflix website can help you get a steady dose of streaming videos for a very long time.
You might be wondering what Netflix cookies are or what cookies are? then let me explain so that you can understand me better.
Netflix cookies or HTTP cookies (also called web cookies, Internet cookies, browser cookies, or simply cookies) are small blocks of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website and placed on the user’s computer or other devices by the user’s web browser.
Cookies are placed on the device used to access a website, and more than one cookie may be placed on a user’s device during a session.
How to Delete Netflix Cookies
To clear your Netflix cookies is so simple as Netflix made it to be so
- Open your web browser
- Go to netflix.com/clearcookies by clicking here.
- You will be redirected to the Netflix website homepage, once you are redirected, you have successfully cleared your netflix cache
NOTE: This will sign you out of your account.
Clearing Cookies through Browsers
In Chrome (PC)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
In the Chrome App for Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
- At the top right, tap More More.
- Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
In the Chrome App for iPhone and iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app Chrome.
- At the bottom, tap More More.
- Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
- Make sure there’s a checkmark next to “Cookies, Site Data,” and “Cached Images and Files.”
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Select Menu, then More.
- Select Settings.
- Under “Privacy settings”, select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then OK to accept.
- Click the 3 dots (Mac) or exclamation point (PC) in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Hover over the More Tools option then click Clear Browsing Data…
- Choose The Beginning Of Time or lesser time frame in the “Clear the Following Items From” field.
- Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Browsing history, Download history, Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data).
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Clear Browsing Data click Choose What To Clear.
- Select the items you wish to clear (e.g., Browsing History, Cookies and Saves Website Date, Cached Data and Files, Downloaded History and Form Data).
- Click Clear.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear Your Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Click the down arrow next to “Details” to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache and Active Logins
- Click Clear Now.
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History… .
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
Safari for Mac
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History…
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History.
Safari for PC
- Click on the Settings (Gear) icon in the upper right corner of the browser..
- Click Reset Safari
- Select the items you wish to clear. (It is recommended to check all items).
- Click Reset.
Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari’s settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.
To clear history:
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
- In the lower left, tap Clear.
- Tap Clear History.
Netflix Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information in connection with the Netflix service.
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please visit our online help center at help.netflix.com. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is Netflix International B.V. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, payment method(s), telephone number, and other identifiers you might use (such as an in-game name). We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the “Account” section of our website), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer or other Netflix capable devices you might use to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Netflix service, such as title selections, shows you have watched, search queries, and activity in Netflix games;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices, and devices that are Netflix capable on your Wi-Fi network;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners: We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your TV or internet service provider, or other streaming media device providers who make our service available on their device; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the Netflix service for distribution to us or provide pre-paid promotions for the Netflix service; and voice assistant platform providers who enable interaction with our service through voice commands. The information Partners provide us varies depending on the nature of the Partner services, and may include:
- search queries and commands applicable to Netflix that you make through Partner devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information such as your email address or other contact information;
- IP addresses, device IDs or other unique identifiers, as well as associated pre-paid promotion, billing and user interface information, that support user authentication, the Netflix service registration experience, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of Netflix content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
Use of Information
We use the information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, manage member referrals, process your registration, your orders and your payments, and communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies and TV shows we think will be of interest to you, determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes), and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the Netflix service available to members and providing information to non members about the availability of the Netflix service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Netflix accounts;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Netflix, details about new features and content available on Netflix, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below). Please see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
Our recommendations system strives to predict what you will be in the mood to watch when you log in. However, our recommendations system does not infer or attach socio-demographic information (like gender or race) to you.
We have a Help article that explains how our recommendations system works – spoilers: the biggest driver of recommendations is what you actually choose to watch through our service. You can read the article at www.netflix.com/recommendations.
With the above easy steps, clearing your Netflix cookies can now be very easy for you to do using the built-in Netflix.com cookies deletion page at Netflix.com/clearcookies, if you have any questions, drop them in the comment section, I will reply to you immediately.